Legends of the Shade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master of Dragons Exploration

2 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Master of Dragons Exploration Empty Master of Dragons Exploration

Post by Cedahlia Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:58 am

Following the events of Season One.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

https://legendsoftheshade.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Master of Dragons Exploration Empty Re: Master of Dragons Exploration

Post by Athy Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:09 pm

Ryuu looked down at the glowing orb in his hand. He turned it and the light shone brightly and reflected against his eyes. Not so much that he had to close them, but enough to make them almost white instead of brown. "It's bigger than I thought it would be, little love." He whispered softly.

It echoed through the cave he had scurried into, pulling his lover with him. He had cleaned her body and wrapped it. For now it was laying on somewhat of an altar that he had fashioned himself. "I had thought," he continued, talking to what was left of her in the past day had been the only thing that had helped him keep grips with the reality, "half of this would have lived in you. But then maybe the half that makes this whole is half of you..." A small smile tweaked his lips, but it faded quickly as the silence continued to rage on once he had stopped talking.

He twisted and looked over the edge of the altar to where she was. His love, his life, his entire being. He was nothing but a broken shell of what he had been. "I am so sorry that I have failed you." He said, his face showing the sheer amount of emotion that threatened to overwhelm him. Nothing but memories shaped who he was as a person. Memories of her.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:15 pm

Jiro had been there for a little while. He'd been lost without Drake, having been left behind when the man went home, but he'd realized that Drake was Ryuu and so he still had a Master to care for and serve. For now. He was sad, but a purpose was a purpose and he had seen things.

"You haven't failed yet," he said quietly from where he stood in the cave, his eyes easily adjusting to such a place. "You story with her hasn't ended yet. It's only been paused."
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:18 pm

"My story with her has," Ryuu shook his head, Drake was another version of him, he did understand that. "Drake's story with whoever Megumi will be reincarnated as, has only just begun. It is so far away too..." He stared off into the distance as if he could see it clearly in his mind.

He couldn't, of course. He looked at Jiro then, "you are not bound to me as you were him. You don't have to stay with us."

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:20 pm

"I don't," Jiro agreed. "But I wish to. You will need help and while you have dragons at your command, they do not know the things that I know, nor can they see the things that I can see to guide you properly and ensure your future together goes the way it should next time." It made him sad to see the girl dead. But he had been raised among the dead. He could handle it.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:23 pm

"Masters of Dragons, princess of fairies. Forever intertwined, forever hunted." Ryuu said and shook his head slowly. There would always be something. Something to keep them apart. Someone to push them from each other. "Forever pulled apart. I cannot imagine a world in which we would be allowed to happily be together. Are you telling me I am wrong?"

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:25 pm

"There are many paths the future can take," Jiro said. "Nothing is ever set in stone." Which was why prophecies were guides and kind of vague rather than direct. "Of course, there will be no future for you two at all if you do not release her," he noted as he looked at her body. "Without the proper ritual, her soul will remain trapped within her body. If she is to be reincarnated then you must set her free."
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:27 pm

Ryuu looked back at her then. His brow furrowed and the pain he felt was clearly shown on his face. "I...I'm not ready to let go. It will be so long before we're both reincarnated and we can be together again. I will have be alone, without her. I cannot...it's too much. Hurts, too much."

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:29 pm

Jiro was sympathetic. It would be just as long before he could be with Drake again. Entirely different in the ways of feeling but he was able to relate in a small way. "You won't be alone," he said. "I will be with you." He looked thoughtful then. "All of the souls meant for reincarnation are stored in the Hall of Souls. That place is heavily guarded but it lies within my father's domain. If I appeal to him, you may be given permission to visit her soul when you wish. Would that suffice?"
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:30 pm

"I could visit her always?" Ryuu asked, because he would want too. He would always want to visit and he would hate to be turned away. He knew what he was and knew how easy it was him for him to falter in his demeanor. The man he was, now lived inside the glowing orb. "Would mine be near hers?"

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:32 pm

Jiro thought on that. "Yes, I believe that I could arrange that for you. Should my father be amenable then it should happen." He did not know if his father would be but he could tempt him, he knew, for their story was interesting and certainly they wouldn't come across such a thing again (if ever) in a very long time.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:34 pm

Ryuu looked away from the absol and back to the body of his lost loved one. His hand rested on hers, even wrapped in the cloth as it was, he could still feel her delicate hand. He took an unsteady breath, "okay." He said quietly, as tears fell down his cheeks.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:36 pm

Jiro was pleased. He knew that things had to go a certain way if the two of them were to be reincarnated together. Now he just had to work on his father. But he thought the sad scene in front of him might work as a nice appeal. Any heart would break looking at the two of them. It wasn't even their fault, what had happened, but the fear of their potential by gods. "I shall summon him," he said.

And so he did.

The man who appeared did not look as he was depicted in paintings and stories. The Lord of the Fallen. A hellgar. But he came to Jiro and Ryuu as a man for a human would find that less intimidating.

Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Ryuu did not hardly look away from Megumi. It was so hard for him to tear his eyes from her sometimes. He just could pretend so easily that she was laying there sleeping and that the cloth wasn't there, hindering his view of her face. "You'll excuse my lack of manners in greeting." He said finally though, his eyes sparing Lucian a small glance.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:53 pm

"I will this time," Lucian said. He could show mercy and he would do it here. Besides, he could not actually hurt Ryuu in the traditional sense. The man should be dead for his body was without a soul. And yet he lived on. "Curious state you are in..."

Jiro almost smiled. He knew his father would find Ryuu interesting. And if he was interested then he would wish to be involved even if in a small manner.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:57 pm

"Curious is one word for the personal hell I shall endure." Ryuu laughed dryly. He had thought that Jiro was going to ask, but he hadn't said much yet. Perhaps to see how interested Lucian would be before he offered to help. Or asked. "I think you need this." He said and held out his hand, offering Lucian his own soul.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:59 pm

Lucian looked down at the soul he was being offered. "I do," he said. "But I have people to recover it for me. I did not need to be here personally." He looked at his son then to see why it was that he had been brought here for this soul.

"There are requests," Jiro said. "They are to be reincarnated within the same lifetime so they may have another chance at being together. And their souls shall be placed in the Hall of Souls next to each other until the time comes for their new lives. Ryuu should also like to visit Megumi's soul, as he wishes."

"That is quite the request," Lucian said as he looked from his son to Ryuu. "I have never before allowed a human in the Hall of Souls."
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:05 pm

"I'm not really human," Ryuu said, his mouth twitching into an almost smirk. He wasn't sure what he was, there wasn't any lore about a person who should be dead and yet still walked. "I am not sure what you would call me, but a human is not it."

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:08 pm

"Fair enough," Lucian said with a little hint of a smile. Ryuu did have a point there. "I shall allow it as long as you agree to a chaperone. I cannot allow you in such a place alone, you understand."

Jiro believed that that was fair. He hoped that Ryuu would agree. But he was also surprised that his father was so easily agreeing to allowing such a thing at all. "They will not interfere with his visits?" he asked.

"They will not so long as he visits Megumi and leaves all other souls alone," Lucian said as he took Ryuu's soul. The orb glowed in his hands and then quieted down.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:10 pm

"I've no interest in any other souls." Ryuu said, his eyes turning back to Megumi's. He thought that would have been obvious, really. But apparently not. "Only hers." He hadn't said anything about the chaperone, but he hadn't disagreed either.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:11 pm

Lucian noticed but did not need the verbal agreement. Should it be disobeyed then Ryuu would not get to visit the soul. Easy. "Then it shall be done."

Jiro breathed a sigh of relief as Lucian approached the body of Megumi. He watched as his father raised the soul out of her body so that it floated there, casting pink light over the altar and walls of the cave.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:17 pm

Ryuu watched the soul rise from the body, his eyes filled with more tears. How he managed to cry so much, he would never know. His hand snatched out and he grabbed Lucian's wrist harshly, "be gentle with her. Please." He said, adding the last bit on belatedly.

Though, Lucian was not given a choice to answer, nor react to Ryuu's violent reaction to the soul being removed. A great shadow claw reached through the side of the cave and snatched at it viciously, knocking both Ryuu and Lucian back and away from the altar, before vanishing into thin air.

"No!" Ryuu shouted and tried to run at the wall. Dumbass.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:32 pm

Lucian growled unhappily at being attacked. Very few people dared to do such a thing given how they'd all end up under his domain in the end. He did not approve. He stood up, unharmed, and tried to sense the stolen soul. "It is gone."

"What happened?" Jiro asked, shocked that her soul had been stolen. "Who would even do that?" He felt terrible. She should have been safe and now she'd been stolen. If they didn't get her back then they'd never be together again.

Lucian lifted his head up to take in what he could from the air. "A dragon, daring to defy its master. How strange."
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:35 pm

"You said she'd be safe!" Ryuu said whirling around on the other two suddenly. His anger was strong, but wrongly directed. In the moment the feeling was so overwhelming that he couldn't control it. "You promised!" He shook with his anger. "How can I trust you both with her soul if you couldn't even protect her now?"

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:38 pm

"She will be safe in the Hall of Souls," Lucian replied, not at all fazed by the man's anger. He remained calm through it all. "But out here, in your world, there are many dangers."

Jiro's ears dropped. He felt awful. It wasn't even sort of his fault but he still felt bad about it happening. "I'm sorry," he said to Ryuu. "We have to recover her soul. Can you not do something?" he asked of his father.

Lucian shook his head. "I have no influence with Giratina."

"But you are strong!" Jiro protested.

"A fight is not what is needed here, Jiro. It could potentially cause harm to come to her soul and that would be a difficult thing to fix. Another way will have to be found."
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next