A Boy and his Dragon

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Boy and his Dragon

Post by Cedahlia on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:05 am

"Apples..." Jiro said and looked towards the kitchen. He did not have any apples. But he did have fish. He'd eaten the fish though because it had smelled yummy. So that was gone.

Ermes also laughed quietly. "That sounds right," she said to Tan so that Jiro wouldn't notice. He was like that. She remembered how it was to try and get him to do anything.

Seiichi wasn't in the know when it came to how Jiro could be. "Do you have a favorite subject to study? One that you do like?" he asked the boy.

"Anatomy," Jiro answered in his usual blank tone. Of course, it wasn't what it sounded like at all but Seiichi didn't know that.
Cedahlia
Admin

http://legendsoftheshade.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:37 am

Tan choked on the fish he was eating. So bad that he turned blue in the face as well as his hair. He couldn't believe that Jiro had just said that. He knew exactly what he meant too.

"Oy," Ryuu said and got up to whack his son on the back. "Fish bone?" He asked, after his son returned to normal colouring.

"Yeahh....." Tan said and got a drink to sort himself out. Oh goodness.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:52 am

Jiro just watched that reaction without giving anything away. But then he smiled just a little bit and took a drink as well. He was such a little brat.

Seiichi and Ermes both stared at Tan so they didn't notice jiro's smile. "You all right there. Forget how to eat," the twin asked.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:57 am

"I'm apparently learning how to swallow things I shouldn't." Tan said, another dirty thing but he did it subtly. Jiro was a brat and Tan would get him for that later.

"Silly, be careful." Ryuu said and sat down beside his wife again. "Let's not choke on mouthfuls." That was it Tan couldn't life any more and he just started to laugh so hard.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Ermes did not understand what was so funny about all of that. She looked at her husband questioningly. Was it just stress that was causing him to suddenly lose it laughing.

"What's so funny?" Seiichi asked because he didn't get it either. Yeah, it was pretty funny at first but it wasn't like their dad had made some massively hysterical comment.

Jiro just continue to sip on his drink like he wasn't at all the cause for what was going on right now.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:40 pm

"No, no. Sorry I'm just tired." Tan said with a grin, he was so getting Jiro later. This was just terrible. "I have just you know, stopped Jiro killing himself in dangerous situations constantly."

Ryuu just frowned but he didn't comment." Perhaps an early night is in order for you..."
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Jiro raised an eyebrow at that comment. Constantly? No. He was not that bad. At all. He could be if that's what Tan wanted to tell his parents. He was kind of trying to make a good impression since they were together and would one day be telling them and that statement was not going to help with that.

"Should we go?" Ermes said. They had finished dinner but they hadn't had a very long visit. Maybe that was for the best for the first visit.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:47 pm

"Nooo, soon. But not yet. I've made apple turnovers." Tan said, he'd made them with Jiro in mind of course. But yes, he didn't want them to go. "He's not really that bad, I'm kidding. It's just settling into a new country and stuff."

"I believe it." Ryuu said, he knew it would be hard, but before Tan could get up to get dessert he went and got it for him.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:50 pm

"This must be a little hard for you as well," Ermes said then to Jiro. He had to be prompted to speak. She knew that. He was even more withdrawn now than he'd been when they'd first met. But he was younger now as well.

"It's not exactly what I expected when I adopted a dragon from a pond," Jiro said quietly. And it wasn't. This was very strange for him and he didn't at all know what to make of it or how to react.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:55 pm

Tan worried if that was a bad thing then. So he didn't anything, he just looked at his hands and picked at his nails. A horrible habit that he couldn't break.

"I found some ice cream, was it meant to go with these?" Ryuu asked and when Tan nodded he started to dish up everyone's desert.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:00 pm

Ermes was worried then too that they'd been introduced too soon. Jiro hadn't been living with his new family very long and was already adjust to that. Was this too much? Maybe. She'd wait to come by again with Ryuu and Seiichi for a while. She didn't like to do that for Tan's sake but they couldn't scare Jiro away from the help.

Jiro looked down at the dessert. Apples...He was quite happy with sitting there and eating the dessert. He liked ice cream and he loved apples so the turnover and all made him happy.

"Stop doing that," Seiichi said and grabbed his brother's hands, amused.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:05 pm

"Okay," Tan said easily, but be didn't let go of his twins hand as he started to eat the yummy goodness. His mum had taught him so well to bake and cook. "I think Jiro is settling a lot better than he let's on you know, he's so quiet and reserved but part of me doesn't think that's a new thing."

"He is being very brave regardless." Ryuu said, because it was true. Jiro didn't seem to be mourning right now. Maybe he would later. Maybe he did when no one was looking, but he put on a strong face.

"He's like, one of the bravest people I know." Tan agreed.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:08 pm

Jiro looked up from the apples then. "You think I'm brave?" he asked. He didn't feel very brave. He felt like he was just dealing with things in an odd way. "Why?"

Ermes couldn't help but smile. Her son was so sweet. And Jiro really was doing very well right now. She figured that her son had something to do with that for a teen on their own would normally just be a mess.

Seiichi let his twin have a hand. He didn't feel like taking it back. They'd not held hands for a long time but he didn't mind it now. He gave Tanjiro's hand a squeeze.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:10 pm

"Because you get out of bed every day. Because you smile and even though you're hurting you try and make sure I'm happy as well as you are." Tan said, because it was true. He wouldn't be that brave if hus parents died. He'd be a mess.

"You are stronger than you think, Jiro. I think you should see yourself through someone else's eyes and you'd understand. You've lost much, but you haven't lost your spirit." Ryuu added.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:21 pm

"I don't know how to do that," Jiro said in response to Ryuu. But he just thought about it. Nope, he wasn't sure how to do that. "I guess if you say I am."

"You must have some kind of motivation to keep going," Ermes said approvingly. She didn't care what it was though as long as it kept him going.

"I don't know..." Jiro wasn't sure. There was something important to him that kept him going but it felt like something he only could remember in dreams. It was odd.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:32 pm

"So how's everything at home? Are the girls and Sora behaving?" Tan asked, swiftly changing the subject. Because it was getting depressing. He didn't want to think about that, because it meant he wasn't helping enough.

"Oh the usual." Ryuu said, because girls would be girls. "I think Sora is missing you though," Because that seemed to be a thing.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:38 pm

"You're really not missing anything with the girls except for chaos and drama so consider yourself lucky," Seiichi said.

"They're not that bad," Ermes said disapprovingly.

"Says you," Seiichi said quietly. But he was the good boy so he didn't say it too loudly.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:40 pm

"Seiichi isn't wrong either," Ryuu laughed, because the girls were that bad. But as a woman Ermes was used to it. "Seiichi and I prefer order, peace and quiet. None of which we get."

"Well I'm glad to be away then," Tan laughed. Ew, girls sucked. Especially his sister.

"The baby is the loudest but she has no other way to communicate, so it's not her fault."
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:44 pm

"Chaos has lessened in the house since you left," Seiichi said to his brother. "But it's not really done much for the girls but make them want to be a little louder. I think they're establishing their place in the household, filling in the hole you left."

Ermes still didn't think the girls were that bad considering but the boys would think that. They were just not fans of girls. Though Seiichi was at that age. Sora was too. So...
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:49 pm

"Are you saying I'm chaotic?" Tan said, looking utterly insulted. He looked at his dad for back up, but he was already chuckling to himself. "Wow, you bitches."
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:54 pm

"Well you are," Seiichi said. "Comparatively." Because he was the good little boy. And Tanjiro was definitely not. He was the reigning chaos champion. The house had definitely gotten quiet since he'd gone. But that just meant his absence was felt more.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:56 pm

"Yeah, comparatively to you," Tan said, because Seiichi was quiet. "I'm not shy and quiet like you, I'm just a little louder. A little. Jiro, back me up. I'm not that bad, am I?"
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:27 pm

Jiro glanced up. "No," he said. "You don't like adventure much."

Ermes wasn't sure what Jiro meant by that. "No one is picking on you here," she said then to her son. "The house is a lot quieter without you but we're not saying that like it's a good thing. We do miss you. But we're glad you're happy here," she added because she didn't want to put any guilt on Jiro who was again looking kind of weirded out by the whole situation.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:21 pm

"I do, but I like to make sure you're safe as well." Tan said, when Jiro ran blindly into danger it worried him a whole lot. He smiled at his mum. "Yeah, quiet isn't always good."

"Not when it's because there's a hole that can't be filled with anything other than you," Ryuu said, because it was true.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:27 pm

Jiro was feeling guilty then. They all.missed him and he missed them. And it didn't have to be that way. Not for hI'm. He wasn't special. He wasn't worth someone being homesick for. Tan should be with his family. That's where he belonged. With his loving family.

He stood up and took his empty plate into the kitchen. He didn't want to watch that anymore. He wanted to cry.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top