Legends of the Shade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Boy and his Dragon

2 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

A Boy and his Dragon - Page 4 Empty Re: A Boy and his Dragon

Post by Athy Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:41 pm

Not until they landed, because that's how Tan did his flying thing. "Is this where you wanted to be? If not can we walk from here?" He asked and took Jiro's hand in his own. "I... Something is wrong here."

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:45 pm

"Of course something is wrong here," Jiro said. "But no one ever figured out what. Are you scared, Tan?" he asked. "I didn't think dragons got scared of creepy places." Not much could hurt a dragon. Other dragons could but they tended not to unless humans were involved. And fairies of course. But down there, in the dark, that was not where they would find fairies.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

https://legendsoftheshade.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:05 pm

"Scared for you, Jiro." Tan said honestly, he didn't think they could hurt him here. But Jiro? Who was just a human? Yes, scared for him. "I'll protect you though..."

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:08 pm

"Yeah? I'll be okay then," Jiro said. He wasn't scared of the place. He was curious. He wanted to see what was there. But outwardly jiro hardly seemed fazed by things. He just really didn't. He was an odd boy for sure.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:11 pm

"What do you think is wrong?" Tan asked, he didn't like it. He also wasn't sure how to feel about Jiro feeling that comfortable just because he'd said it. He'd die to protect him, but that wasn't helpful. He still had to get home.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:41 pm

"You're not going to get hurt," Jiro said as he looked at Tan, as if he knew that he was worried. "There's something lost there. It needs to leave but it doesn't know where to go."
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:47 pm

"I'm worried about you, not me." Tan said with a soft snort. Silly boy, such a silly boy. "Do you know where it has to go? Can we help it?"

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:55 pm

"No. It just shouldn't be here anymore. This place cannot leave the dark so long as it lingers." Jiro was eager to be on the ground. Not that he showed it. But he couldn't do much without exploring.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:57 pm

Tan put them both on the ground previously, but he had zipped them forward a little bit, so he landed again. But he didn't let go of his hand. "So where are we going to take it?"

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:06 pm

"Somewhere," Jiro replied. He looked around. It was weird to see the windmills so still and the place so quiet. They loomed over head. But as he walked forward a light breeze started up. The standing windmills squeaked and creaked in response. It made the place seem even creepier with the wind finally coming slowly with their presence.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:08 pm

"Helpful," Tan shook his head, but he laughed too. Jiro was a bit weird, but he didn't mind it in small doses. "Somewhere not here, right?"

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:37 pm

"Yes." Jiro looked around. A spot of purple against the dark green moss caught his eye. He looked up. There was a purple balloon bouncing against one of the fallen windmills. It seemed to have gotten tangled by the fall. He stared at it for a while until the creak of the door caught his attention. The wind had cause the partially closed door to open. It was dark in there. He looked curiously but could see nothing. So headed for the door.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:53 pm

"Wait, Jiro." Tan said in an exasperated tone. He was always rushing in and didn't bother to check. Gosh. He caught up easily, his feet not even touching the ground as he floated over to catch up to Jiro. "You don't know what's in there..."

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:58 pm

"Dead things," Jiro replied. He did know. He waited. "We're going in. That might be where it is."
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:13 am

"No wonder my parents sent me to you, you're a god damn idiot." Tan said, the boy was going to get himself killed, he was just a human. "You aren't built for this, don't... Don't you need to stay alive?" He was frustrated. This was Jiro.

His uncle, who had apparently left them as children to do something important. Something important enough to leave them.

Except he was just a stupid kid who was trying to get himself killed and it really hurt him. This wasn't how his parents had told him of Jiro. This wasn't that person.

He took a breath, looking off away from Jiro. Just collecting his thoughts and feelings, putting them in a box. "You stay behind me." He said and went through the door first. Though it was dark, so he couldn't see much. He could smell much. Much old and musty things. It was horrible. "Did you bring a torch, or do I have to do that too?"

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 am

Most people would have a reaction to a speech like that. They might get angry and protest it. They might get sad and cry. But Jiro was a shy and awkward boy. He was also somewhat strange, which had only gotten worse since the loss of his family. He just stared at Tan, giving nothing away of what he thought about that emotional speech.

Jiro reached into his jacket and brought out two flashlights. He handed one of them to Tan and stayed behind him, looking curiously passed him to see what there was to see inside the old power facility.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:34 am

Tan turned his light on, but he didn't say anything either. He did grab Jiro's wrist and kept him close. At this point, he didn't trust him to not get himself hurt. "Don't look at me like that." He said finally. He hadn't said that much about it, most of it had been thoughts. "You just have to be careful, okay? I don't want you to get hurt."

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:42 am

"I know," Jiro answered. He let himself be dragged into the facility. They were moving at a slow and cautious pace. Nature had taken over inside the facility too. Jiro's shoes crunched leaves and the likend as he walked. Ivy had grown on the desks and computers, old and outdated. He wondered what had happened. At least there were no bodies. Not that he could see as he shone his light through the hall and into rooms.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:49 am

"What are we looking for, Jiro?" Tan asked, he wasn't really sure. He could hear something moving around, but it was probably wildlife. Right?

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:51 am

"The lost ones," Jiro said. He too could hear something moving. What was that? It could be a wild animal. It was likely not a human. Not even one without a home would choose to live in such a place.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:55 pm

"Well, can you be descriptive so I can help you spot them? Just a thought, kid." Tan laughed, sometimes he didn't care about how Jiro spoke to people, right now he was just amused, but the longer they were here the more likely he'd get snappy.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:03 pm

"I don't know what lost spirits look like," Jiro said. It wasn't that he was human because those that were Tamers or scientists were able to know those sorts of things. But it just hadn't been something he'd wanted to know growing up. He could tell you lots about certain kinds of fiends, the ones his father had specialized in. But that wasn't helping them now.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:06 pm

"So we are going in blind? And how do we help them to not be lost?" Tan said, he wasn't really sure he could do much against ghosts. He certainly wasn't like Mandisa, he couldn't help them pass on.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:58 am

Jiro wasn't sure what going in blind meant so he just looked puzzled. "The wind helps spirits to wander," Jiro answered. He was curious about what had happened. None of the records indicated what had gone down. The wind just stopped one day, it said. A power plant based on wind would stop without the wind but was there more?
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:47 pm

"So, do you want me to bring the wind back?" Tan offered, he could do that. That would be easy. He didn't really know what else they could do here.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next