Sirius the Great Light Detective

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sirius the Great Light Detective

Post by Athy on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:52 am

"I will, I'm not stopping here just because he got upset. There are other things. Other missions. He needs to be trained, I can't sleep at night knowing the people I've missed saving, Sirius won't be one of those." Drake said shaking his head, he couldn't let that happen. He just really couldn't.

"Not all missions are puzzles and easy sailing. I get that the ice tower wasn't easy, but in comparison to this I think it was." Glitch said, but he knew that well. "There's such a darkness to hunting, to people. To fiends. Even the ones full of light."
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:04 am

"I don't understand why he needs to become a Hunter," Vale said. "Not all of your friends are trained or know how to Hunt. Why him? Hunting is dangerous. By putting him there with you, aren't you putting him in more danger than if you let him just live his normal life?"

"Sirius wasn't in any danger in there," came a deeper voice than Vale's along with the soft padding of paws on the ground. "The only one in danger for this particular mission was you, Drake," Grimm continued as he sat down near Vale. "But then, you did pick the absolute worst mission to reintroduce him to this world. Sometimes I wonder what They're thinking. I suppose they had their reasons for allowing it."

"Not all light is good," Sirius said quietly. "I know that darkness that's hidden in light. Not Mireya's light. But my own. Haru's. It's not benevolent and kind." He looked at his hands. "I won't do any more missions with dead children. I've seen that enough. I don't want to see it any more."
Cedahlia
Admin

http://legendsoftheshade.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:17 am

"Seriously, you don't understand why?" Drake said then, he was a little bit shocked really. He hadn't thought anyone could be that slow. "Because he rushes in head first and doesn't pay attention to details. Today he put a crosshair on my back, on Hikari's back because he's impulsive. Of course I have to fucking train him." He said with a sigh then looked at Grimm.

"No but he put others in danger Grimm, I mean seriously. Is that too hard for you guys to understand? It won't always be that easy and it won't always be that simple and just because you're there Grimm does not mean he's safe, shut the fuck up. There's so many things that could kill you on these jobs. I can't handle you two." He said and facepalmed.

"You wanna elaborate on that?" Glitch said then, because he felt like there was something more that Sirius just wasn't saying. He couldn't help with it, if he didn't know. So Sirius was going to have to.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:15 am

Grimm just looked at him. "I can smell your fear," he commented rather than continuing that conversation. "Even that has a dragon scent to it. Interesting." He looked above Drake for a moment and then back down to his face. "I cannot speak for your sister as I have not seen her but I can tell you that your time has not changed since Sirius left that tower."

"Yeah..." Sirius said unhappily. "But I won't do it twice." He looked to the other three outside of the car. "I don't want to ever have to repeat it."
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:29 am

"You don't know that it won't. They might be concerned about healing and getting themselves back up to strength before they even think about it." Drake said, shaking his head. Because no one but Jiro knew the future.

"Well, who do you want to hear it?" Glitch said, that was important really. Considering that if they weren't all here, then they needed to go get them. Or Glitch could and come back, because he wasn't sure if Sirius wanted to talk about it in front of everyone.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:32 am

"So when we're done here you concentrate on finding out if they're going to come after you or if they're more concerned with their terrible excuse for a father," Grimm said. He wasn't as bothered because it wasn't his life on the line and his human was in their favor. So his world was fine. But he had to take care of Sirius's friends...only Drake wasn't that great of friends with Sirius yet.

Sirius went quiet as he thought about that. "Other than us...Hikari," he decided. "She's a Hunter too. She should hear it."
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:39 am

"Okay," Glitch said then, lifting Sirius up he wiggled out of the car and put his boyfriend next to Vale. "I will be right back, Sirius has something to say and wants Hikari here too. So I am going to get her." He said and then vanished to do just that.

He returned with the red head and she smiled sadly at Sirius as she sat down. "Sorry that you got to be me on this one," she said because she did feel guilty about that.

"So what's up, Sirius?" Drake said then, because well it was obviously important if Glitch went and got Hikari and all of that. Though she could have moved herself if they'd just text her. He didn't say that though.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:00 am

Sirius looked at all of them in the car and then just took a breath. “I know you guys think that I have issues with you because everyone calls you hero and you’re big, brave Hunters…and I know you have issue with me because you think I’m impulsive and lacking in the fear department for…well a bunch of reasons. But…to fully explain my feelings, as far as today and that horrible mission I just went on in your place,” he said with a bit of a smile for Hikari. “I need to explain…everything…It’s just very complicated so hang in there with me for a minute or two.”

“Um….I would think as Hunters that you know all about the true, great evils of the world, right?” Sirius asked Drake and Hikari. “Yveltal. Heatran. Hydreigon. Giratina. And on,” he said. Drake would know for sure but Glitch? Maybe not. “I know a bit more about Hydreigon than most people should,” he admitted. “So for those who don’t know, I’ll do a little explaining. He’s a dark dragon with three heads and if you cut one off two more appear to take its place. Like most of the Great Evils, he’s was bound away by some hero a long time ago. But even bound, he still has followers who worship him, act in his name, and wish that he was free.”

He took a breath and kept going. “Thankfully, the ritual to free Hydreigon is very long and very involved. There really wasn’t that many of his followers that are ready and willing to devote that much time and evil to making a genuine effort to free him from the dimension he’s been banished to. But as it turns out it only takes two and a few years back there were two of them that were devoted to this task.”

At this point he kept on explaining because he didn’t know how much Drake or Hikari even knew about the ritual, at least off the top of their heads. “So to free Hydreigon from his dimension, the blood of innocents’ is required. Shocker, right? Specifically, the blood of children. One child for every day of the year. One year for every head He possesses.” He stopped there to see if they were all following.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:05 am

"Right, I know this one. Bobby taught me about it," Hikari nodded, but she sort of already figured out the rest from there. Or at least, she could guess it pretty much. "I don't have an issue with you." She clarified then.

Glitch did not know all of this, so he sat there quietly and just listened to Sirius talk with the others. He could have said something, but what could he say? Instead he took Sirius' hand and squeezed it.

"Yeah that's just a fact that you have those problems, it doesn't mean I have issue with you because of it." Drake shrugged, he did have issues. But they were broader than that in reality. "Continue though, how do you know so much about this beast?"
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:10 am

"Heh," Sirius said and squeezed Glitch's hand back. “So the last part of the ritual, the last sacrifice, requires a very special child. It requires a child born of the blood of two of His devout followers. So for that purpose...I was born.”
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:16 am

Hikari went quiet then, that was really shitty. She could relate to Sirius in a way, having been born and then not wanted. Then adopted and not wanted. At least he'd found himself some amazing parents now who loved him unconditionally.

"Cunts. Are they dead. That's all I want to hear before you continue, if you get to the end and they're alive I might vanish. Rage. Or something." Glitch said then, but he was also the master of ghosts, so even if they were dead, they weren't getting off easy.

Drake could not relate or understand, so silence is what he brought to the table and he did a really good job doing it.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:32 am

“They are dead,” Sirius assured Glitch. “But we’ll get there. I want you to understand how I grew up. To my parents I was just a tool, a key to release their Master and they treated me as that. I didn’t have tv. I didn’t have toys. They didn’t teach me how to read because there was no point so I didn’t even have books to find an escape in. They didn’t care what I did or where I went so long as I never left the ruins or the underground caverns, as long as I didn’t get too hurt, enough that they’d have to take me to a hospital because that wasn’t happening.”

“I grew up without superheroes or any heroes. I grew up with there only being two things in the world, for me. Monsters and innocents.  The children my parents stole for the ritual were the only other humans I ever saw. And I learned that monsters looked like monsters and they also looked like grown humans. There weren’t any heroes to save us. Not me or those kids.  So I grew up kind of backwards, believing that monsters were real and heroes were stories, myths. I only knew about them because the kids would talk, saying that someone would come and save them. But no one came.”

He had to stop for a second because his voice was starting to quiver and tears were welling up in his eyes.  “When I was three, my parents started the ritual. My parents killed a child a day, every day, for three years. And they made me watch. I had to go down with them into the depths of the caverns where the ruins of His place of worship were.  They slit the throat of the child, awake and aware, and threw its body into the pit in front of the arc where Hydreigon would emerge. I could see him watching behind that veil as the bodies piled up into a mountain, something for him to consume when he finally emerged. And with each year he became more solid behind that veil. By the time two and a half years had passed, he was already emerging.  He was almost completely out when it was my turn…”
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:38 am

The group was quiet as they looked at Sirius. Hikari especially was just staring at him. "I need to ask you something, before you continue. Because I will forget. But where did all these children come from? Why didn't anyone notice?" She asked, looking at Drake. "How could they not have been noticed."

"If other members of the cult that his parents were in had children and didn't care for them, they could have done that. But if that many children went missing, then hunters got involved. I can't tell you for sure what happened, or why they didn't get to you in time, but I can promise they tried. I can even find out the why's. What happened. You know? I'm sure you ask yourself that a lot." Drake said, he could imagine that Sirius felt that he wasn't good enough to save or something when he realised that heroes did in fact exist.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:42 am

"Some of them were children of the other followers but I never met those personally," Sirius said. "Others were ones they'd adopt. Or they would go to countries that weren't part of the allied kingdoms, to those still suffering from war and disease and they'd find the orphaned children from those and bring them back. Where we lived, it wasn't in any of the allied kingdoms. It was this small island in the middle of nowhere. Children go missing all the time in war and plague. People wouldn't suspect that. But those from the allied kingdoms with homes, yeah, I'd imagine eventually someone noticed."

He looked at Drake and just shook his head. "I don't need to know. It doesn't matter now. I wondered though. For a long time. And I resented for a while that no one was there for those kids. No one was there for me but...in the end, I didn't need them to be," he said.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:58 am

"Go on," Drake said, before anyone else could ask questions. He could imagine, that as a Master of light, even unlocked Sirius was powerful and pretty awesome. He could fight off people easily. Light was destructive as much as it gave life, after all.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:25 pm

"I remember everything about that last day," Sirius said. "I remember the way my parents looked eager, impatient for it finally to be over after all that time. And I remember what it was like to stand in front of him on top of that altar. I remember the different flecks of color in his eyes and the feel and smell of his hot breath as it mussed up my hair. I remembered how his scales glistened in the light of the torches. And I remember the sound his mouths made as they crunched through the bones of the dead children that came before me." He made a face of disgust at the memory.

"I remember standing there thinking that I didn't want to die. It was going to be his freedom or my freedom and I chose mine. I stared him down and I pushed him back inside that dark, dark place he was trying to escape. And when they came for me with that knife, I just exploded. I destroyed everything. Just levelled that whole room and there was nothing left of it but charred bones and the broken pieces of the arch. His screams were so loud that I couldn't hear anything for days after but it was worth it. I was free. And it wasn't because of any hero."

Sirius took another breath and looked at Drake and Hikari. "Even after I became part of the world and I was adopted by the rich couple who were nice to me and tried so hard to gain my trust until they fell off the wagon...I never believed in heroes. No one was ever going to save me. It was just me. My life was such a hell that my first friend was a literal hell hound," he said with the tiniest of chuckles and touched Grimm's dark fur with his free hand.

"So I never believed in heroes. Until today," he said. "I know you think that you didn't win because we didn't save the children in the ground down there. But...there's a child tomorrow who is going to wake up, fight with their siblings, go to school and live their life because of what you did today. And maybe you can't see that child because you can only focus on the ones in front of you, but I can. I can see all of them. The lucky ones that get to grow up believing in superheroes and thinking that monsters are just scary stories their parents tell about fiends to get them to do their chores. The fact that they live and that they exist is testament that you are a hero. I didn't see that before. But I do now."
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:55 pm

"You realise if I am a hero, then so are you. For driving back the evil and saved the world." Drake said then, because if someone like that got free, they would all be in trouble.

"For sure. You say no hero saved you, but who said you can't be your own hero, hm?" Hikari said then because it was true. "There is a Hunter inside you, just not for missions like these."

Glitch smiled, "I think I am inclined to agree." He said then.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:00 pm

"Heh, yeah, no more dead children for me," Sirius said. "I've seen enough of those for one lifetime." Way more than enough. He didn't want to see it ever again if he could avoid it. He just really didn't.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:09 pm

"There's lot of missions I'll take you on that won't be anything like this. You'll see." Drake said with a smile.

"And and! Sometimes we get to help people move on, you know? If they lost family because of some monster. We get to help them. "Hikari said proudly. She loved doing that bit.

"Geez, can he get a break first guys?" Glitch laughed, they were so excited to bring Sirius in and be his friend properly though, so it was almost cute.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:11 pm

"Yeah...I mean that kind of sounds like a weird sort of fun...But I definitely need a break," Sirius decided. "I did just unleash some evil into the world so I'm not really feeling the whole hero thing right now. But sure, in the future, we can chill."
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:39 am

"None of us wants to see that, you know?" Hikari said then, because she did get it. But she wanted Sirius to understand. "But someone has too. That someone isn't you."

"I didn't mean to trigger you, Sirius. I mean I obviously had no clue." Drake said, he couldn't even pretend that he knew everything. "So I am sorry that I brought back those memories. However if that what it does take to stop you being reckless then as shitty as that is I'll take it. I think you can understand, because you know I feel like their blood is on my hands for not being fast enough. I can't have hours on mine too."

Glitch was quiet. He was making plans. But he was still holding Sirius' hand. This was quite an adorable moment if you could ignore what was behind them. Sirius was making progress, his words had seemed to helped Drake too.
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:01 pm

"It's fine," Sirius. "Well, it's not. But I'm going to act like it is. Because you didn't know." It was quite the adorable moment. But it seemed they weren't the only ones to notice or to think so.

What happened next came rather quickly. But then, they were dealing with the fastest fiends in the world. A simple looking chain that glowed with the light of each brother's specialty suddenly formed a circle in the air around the sitting group. They wouldn't be able to physically leave the space the chain covered. Nor would they be able to escape through the Veil.

"Well, well, well. Isn't this just the most adorable scene," Edge said, appearing with his brothers after the chain had done it's work. "We almost feel bad interrupting."

"But not bad enough to not actually do so," Brass added while Ward, predictably, remained silent.

"Well shit," Sirius cursed.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:01 pm

"Truce, truce!" Drake said quickly before they could attack him or his sister. He grabbed her and put her behind him as well.

"You are beautiful kitties." Hikari said quietly because they really, really were. "I'm so sorry your dad is mean too..."
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:05 pm

Edge started to chuckle in a decidedly unsettling manner.

"Your fear smells delicious," Brass said, purring approvingly.

"Truce, hm?" Edge asked. "Why should we make a truce with you?" he asked curiously.
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:08 pm

"I'm not scared," Hikari laughed because she also had that thing going on. She really did think they were pretty too.

"I am. But not for me." Drake said and then shrugged his shoulders. "Why wouldn't you? We were working on a plan to free you anyway. Our dad was a dick to you, we are sorry for that too."
Athy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top