Legends of the Shade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master of Dragons Exploration

2 posters

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

Master of Dragons Exploration - Page 5 Empty Re: Master of Dragons Exploration

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:39 am

"Yes..." Jiro said, giving in. He was still nervous about the bath but his fur didn't feel nice sweaty. It didn't smell nice either.

"Oh look at all the bags," Ermes said as he helped Ryuu with them. "I'll unpack them while you're bathing," he said. "Oh but you probably don't want to go for a swim."

"Not really," Jiro said, hanging his head some. He went to one of the bags and found the soap and towels he'd brought. Humans liked to use those. He pulled them out and set them in a corner of the room.

"Hm..." Ermes found a tub and pushed it into a corner of the room. Ryuu might like to use it when he was feeling a little lazy. He quickly cleaned it with water and then filled it up. He had to warm the water for the kitty but not too hot. Didn't want to singe the pretty fur. "All ready! I'll go wash these now," he said and took the dirty clothes and sheets outside.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

https://legendsoftheshade.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:42 am

"Don't be nervous. Where is the soap?" Ryuu asked curiously, he looked in a few of the bags and found it. "Got it. In you get." He said and picked up the kitty and put him inside the bath gently. "It's not so bad, right?"

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:45 am

"No, I guess not," Jiro said. He didn't like baths really at all. They were more comfortable as a human because of the lack of fur. But he supposed it wasn't so bad having someone wash him. The water wasn't frigid either which was nice.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:49 am

Ryuu smiled and lathered up the kitty, he made sure it felt like lots of fuss too. He scrubbed out all of the dirt and as the absol hated bathing, it was no surprise that there was a lot of it. "Did you bring fish?" He asked, as he rinsed out the soap from Jiro's fur.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:53 am

"I did," Jiro admitted. He loved fish. But it turned out he also liked to have someone bathe him. He started purring even though he was nervous about all the water too. He felt icky with his fur wet and the bubbles tickled his nose until he sneezed.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:56 am

Ryuu laughed at the adorable sneezes. "You can eat your fill of them, as you've been so good." He said and once all the bubbles were gone from the cats fur he lifted him out of the bath again. "Please don't shake," he said as he went to go and find a towel to rub him dry.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:17 am

Jiro stood there and watched the water drip onto the floor. He had to resist the urge to shake. He really did. It was just so uncomfortable to be sopping wet. But once the towels happened he felt much better.

And so it started. He had found his new master. Now if only he could get him to accept him as such....
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:44 am

a year later

Whether or not the sun was shining didn't bother Ryuu so much these days, he very rarely left the shrine. He lived in it, at best he swam in the water surrounding it.

Most days where so hard for him to continue to breathe that he was surprised he still lived on. But he knew it was because of the dragon and the cat that kept him going. They showed him such kindness, regardless of how he behaved. And by no means was he a good person every day. Right now he was fixing a table he had destroyed the day before.

"I am sorry," he said in an ashamed tone to Jiro. "You deserve better, so does Ermes."

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:47 am

"Hm, we do," Jiro agreed with a little smile. "We know you'll get better one day. And we're patient. We can wait until you're who you should be again." He had sent Ermes to get the food this time so he could help with the clean up of Ryuu's latest fit. "Don't worry, Master. We're not going anywhere."
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:59 am

"I am glad for it, little kitty." Ryuu said, he almost always fought Jiro on the Master comment. No, not almost. He always argued. But he didn't today. There was no point. The cat had wormed into whatever he had left of a heart and he cared for him greatly. "I am still sorry."

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:02 am

"I know you are. And so does Ermes. You don't have to worry about us. We know who you really are even if you forget sometimes." He picked up all the pieces of the table and worked on putting them back together. They'd acquired quite a lot of tools over the years because Ryuu had the habit of breaking all their stuff during one of his moments.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:07 am

Ryuu was a little disappointed that Jiro hadn't noticed. But maybe he was just being a little slower."You are good to your master, too good." He said and put the things down just so he could ruffle Jiro's hair affectionately before going to get the things they actually needed. Nails and such the like.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:09 am

Jiro was so used to the protesting that he thought that Ryuu had just given up and stopped protesting for the moment. But then he said it. "Your master" he'd said. "You...you're letting me call you master now?" he asked in shock. He hadn't expect that to happen. Not ever.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:11 am

"Did you ever really give me a choice, Jiro?" Ryuu laughed as he attached a leg back to the table top. "I am only alive at all thanks to you and Ermes. he gets to call me master because he is a dragon, if it means so much to you to call me that as well, then please continue to do so. You're very precious to me."

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:14 am

"You're very precious to me as well, Master!" Jiro said happily. He knew that Ermes got the free pass on calling Ryuu that because he was a dragon. Ermes was a dark creature so he didn't. But he still thought of Ryuu as his master and treated him as such. He sat down next to him and worked on another part of the table. Together they'd get it fixed in no time. He'd gotten very good at fixing things over the past year.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:24 am

Ryuu smiled softly as he worked on the table with Jiro. Not one negative thought shrouded his mind right now. But they would later. He had finally let Jiro in and he was really glad he had.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:32 am

Many Years in the Future

In a few days time, Drake would be born. And Jiro had been doing a lot of thinking about what he should do when that time came. He couldn't interfere with Drake's life. That might influence things in a direction they didn't want it to go. Not that he'd recognize the much older and grown up Jiro but the name would certainly be too familiar at some point.

But one day Drake would go to the past and when he returned he would be a different person, just like Ryuu had been after the incident. Jiro wanted to be by his side to help him through it as he had helped Ryuu. But that lead to serious complications with his current relationships and he didn't know what to do.

There were three people he spoke to when he was confused or unsure: his master, his father, and his boyfriend. But the person he really needed to talk to the most right now was his master. So it was to him he went. "Master?" he asked as he walked into the shrine. "May I speak with you outside?"
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:44 am

Ryuu looked up and towards Jiro. He had been eating, but he put down his chopsticks and nodded at his cat with a smile. "I had wondered when your training would be over today," he said as he walked over and out of the door. "Is everything okay?"

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:51 am

"Yes. For the most part," Jiro said and sat down on the steps. He waited for his master to join him before continuing on. "In a few days Drake is going to be born. I didn't know if you wanted to be there for that but I can arrange it with my father. And...I wanted to talk to you about things with him and what I should do when the time comes." He looked at Ryuu nervously. This was a sensitive topic and Jiro badly didn't want to upset anyone but he wasn't sure how to go about it that would avoid that happening.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:56 am

"Yes, I would like that." Ryuu sind but then he was quiet. Just looking at Jiro waiting for him to continue what he had to say. Part of his brain niggled at him, like he should have seen this coming long ago. Was this not why he had refused to be his master in the first place?

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:05 pm

Jiro looked at his hands for a moment. "I am unsure of what to do and I thought that you might have some sound advice on what might be best. Drake may have been my original master but you are truly my master. I have served you for hundreds of years and helped you through things that no one person should have ever had to go through. You've come so far since that first day and there's little else I want but to be by your side and continue to help and serve you.

"But then there's Drake. And I think not of him now as what he once was to me but what he is to you. He is the continuation of your story. The things that we've been doing and planning have a purpose and that is to ensure that Drake ends up with Mireya and they're happy together. Bringing them together should be easy enough because we know when and where they'll meet but...ensuring their happiness is harder.

"I think of how you were that first day and even those first few years. How hard what happened was for you and how badly it weighed upon your heart. And while for us that day is now long, long is the past it will for him, when he returns, be just a moment ago. And if he is as badly hurt over it as you were, he's going to need me there with him to help him get through it as I helped you. But to be there with him I cannot be with you. So I am torn..."
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:28 pm

The anger in Ryuu was do loud he had only heard so much of what Jiro had said. "Do not sit there and use pretty words. Let us be honest, I was always just aasubstitute for him, something to keep you going. I had expected as much, that you would use me and then toss me aside. And what of Ermes? Do you have no heart? Be gone. I want to hear no more from you." He said and stood up rather suddenly, he didn't want to sit here and listen to lies and things that Jiro was just saying to make it hurt less. He went inside and slammed the door shut.

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Jiro hadn't really expected any better reaction than that but he had honestly hoped that they would be able to have a civil and real conversation about it. He put his head in his hands as tears welled up in his eyes. Ryuu was not a substitute. He had thought that he had proved that wrong time and time again.

Ermes was cleaning up the dishes from the food he had cooked as the meal had been interrupted by Jiro's return. He jumped, startled, when the door slammed shut and only Ryuu returned. "Master? What has happened?" The man looked terribly upset. Ermes quickly dried his hands on his pants and went over to him.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athy Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:54 pm

"he is leaving us." Ryuu raged, he paced up and down the small space in which he lived. He walked past a bookshelf and he snapped out an arm to pull it over in his anger. He would likely trash the entire shrine. "We are not enough for him. The shell I am... Isn't enough." He said, his tone anger mixed with sadness as he knocked more things down and all over the floor.

Anger. Sadness. Joy. Love. That was all he really felt and it was always extremes of each. His love wasn't enough. Not for Jiro. Not for Megumi. It wouldn't be for Ermes either. "When shall I expect your departure too?" He asked angrily as he stormed over to his dragon. "Are you going with him? Have you known all along and allowed me to love you both regardless?"

Athy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedahlia Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:58 pm

Ermes eyes widened as Ryuu approached him in anger. But after all the years that he'd been with him, he was well used to these fits and remained calm and composed. "Master, of course I'm not leaving you. You know that I will remain by your side until the very end. I have no idea of what you're speaking. Please calm down," he implored.
Cedahlia
Cedahlia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next